Kauai Babysitting Company Loves Kids!
Since 2001, locally owned Kauai Babysitting Co. has been the highest quality childcare agency available to Kauai’s residents and visitors. We provide confidence in experienced, reliable, and attentive caregivers straight to your hotel, condo, or home! Our sitters are truly creative and engaging, so your children will have fun!
Kauai is a spectacular island, and in order to make your time here exceptionally memorable, you’ll need some “grown up” time away from the keiki. You can relax, knowing your little ones are in safe hands.
About the Company
As a mother herself, Maile Michiko Walters understands parents want to feel confident in their choice of childcare. That’s why she personally knows each of her sitters (and sometimes their families, too!) and only hires people she feels exemplify the warmth, care, fun and safety that make Kauai Babysitting Co. the best on island. Maile bought KBC from Cate Flemming in 2011 after working for the company for three years. A childcare provider since high-school, Maile continued her love of children and teaching with a degree in Education from Pepperdine University and a Post-Bachelor Diploma in Ed. from Victoria University in Wellington, NZ. Now, Maile enjoys working from home with her baby and both matching families with sitters and spending time with the kids when she can. An avid traveler and yogini, Maile also teaches a variety of yoga classes each week around the island.
Maile, her husband Patrick and their baby Ua.
About the Sitters
KBC refers only the best sitters who enjoy caring for children. Our professional caregivers come from an interesting variety of backgrounds, including life-guards, horse-camp leaders, school teachers, professional athletes, culinary artists, musicians, tour guides, coaches, nutritionists, behavior technicians, soccer moms, sweet grandmas and many are parents themselves. All sitters are infant/child CPR & first aid certified, highly experienced, and background checked. Each sitter is personally interviewed by the owner. One thing they all have in common is a sincere love of children!
If this describes you, please see our Join Our Team page for an application.
Our 5 Step Comprehensive Hiring Process
- Professionals who are interested in working with us fill out a detailed 5 page application.
- Maile, the owner, personally contacts every one of the applicant’s professional references and asks them questions to uncover the potential sitter’s character.
- Applicants who make it through the first two steps are then invited to participate in an in-person interview which usually lasts for 1 ½ hours. During the interview we talk about relevant work experience and assess their level of a professionalism through a series of 15 in depth questions.
- If the interview goes well then offer the sitter a position, conditional to their background check through Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center and the United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry.
- Finally, the application is ready for their first job after we make sure CPR and First Aid certification is up to date.